From the 1870s to the 1890s, a decorative fountain was located at the south end of the #QueensPark grounds in the location where John A. Macdonald’s monument now stands. #WaybackWednesday #TOhistory (via @ONPARLeducation @TorontoArchives)

All this talk about how King St is changing for pedestrians and streetcars – sounds a lot like 1835 when John helped create the first sidewalk on King. #TOhistory (painting JG Howard) (via @ColborneLodgeTO)

Postcard: “#Toronto Harbor Commission Building on water before shore extended.” -1920s #TOHistory (via @AemiliusJarvis)